On this intensive 2 day training courses, you will discover why Dreamweaver CS6 is one of the most popular web design tools for professionals. This comprehensive two-day training course will teach you all the techniques that you will be using every day to create exciting and inovative website.
Learn to use Dreamweaver's time-saving tools to streamline your work process and create accessible web-pages that conform to all the latest standards.
Whether you are designing a web site or maintaining a company Intranet, this course will teach you all you need to know about using Adobe Dreamweaver CS6. This course is completely hands-on throughout. By building a real, working web site over the two days, you will be putting your learning into practice right away. You can download a 30 day trial version of the latest version of Adobe Dreamweaver from Adobe.com
You can even work on your own web site with the help of the instructor.
Like all our courses, the instructor is a professional consultant, with years of real world experience with leading blue-chip companies both in the UK and Europe. It is this real-world experience that makes our courses such an excellent investment. You will be able to take advantage tapping into valuable practical experience that the instructor has gained over the years.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is designed for anyone who needs to design and create exciting and interactive web sites. You are NOT expected to be an experienced web designer. This course is aimed at ordinary people who need to get to grips with Dreamweaver.
Outline for this TWO DAY training course:
- Setting your Dreamweaver preferences
- Defining a new site
- Choose your document type: HTML, ASP, PHP? Learn what do they all mean.
- Creating Dreamweaver templates
- Creating pages based on your Template
- Apply a new Template to existing pages
- Using Template Properties to create different variations of pages without having to create different Templates
- Previewing your pages in a variety of browsers
- Previewing pages on a testing server
- Organising files and folders: naming conventions for practicality and Search Engine Optimization
- Working with text
- Adding paragraphs and line breaks
- Using headings for clarity, impact and search Engine Optimization
- Using ordered and unordered lists
- Changing text to bold or italic and its impact on Search Engine Optimization and readability
- Creating hyper-links:
- to pages within the site
- to positions on the page ( e.g. return to top)
- to other web sites
- to email addresses
- to other documents ( e.g. to PDF documents or other downloads)
- Adding images to pages
- Creating feedback forms and search forms
- Working with Cascading Style Sheets in Dreamweaver
- What is CSS and how is it beneficial
- Defining page properties
- Controlling text and headings' sizes, colours and fonts for accessibility and Search Engine Optimization
- Creating an external style sheet
- Using CSS selectors: tag, link, class and id
- Getting text to go next to an image using floating
- Creating a table-less "liquid layout" using CSS
- Using a print style sheet to create a "printer friendly page"
- Uploading your site to your web space
- Managing changes to your web site with the "Synchronize" tool
- Controlling multiple webmasters with the check in/check out option
- Creating, managing and editing library items
- Using the Dreamweaver snippets collection
- Using Spry to validate a feedback form
- Creating Fly-out menus and drop-down menus with Dreamweaver's Spry options
- Hiding and Showing layers, collapsing layers and tabbed layers with Dreamweaver's Spry options
Costs for TWO DAY Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Training Course presented at your offices, to different numbers of people.
1 Person = £630
2 People = £1140
3 People = £1680
4 People = £2200
5 People = £2700
6 People = £3180
All prices are in UK pounds sterling and exclude VAT @ 20%
With only 2 people being trained, on-site courses becomes very cost effective. Especially when compared to sending people away to an anonymous centre, miles from your office. Like all our courses, it can be customized to suit you, your staff and your project.
For larger groups - more than 6 people - call us now on 0845 458 8343 for favourable deals on larger groups.
We offer a 100% Guarantee of Satisfaction on this, and all our other courses
Phone now on 0845 458 8343 or Contact Us to discover how you can have this training course presented at your offices.
Website Design and Maintenance using Dreamweaver
The 2-day Web design training you provided was very informative and I have been able to put into practice all the skills that you taught me. Thank you also for taking the time to help me apply what I had learnt to our own website and update it. It is also reassuring to know that ...more
by Amy Treganowan
Marketing Assistant. on
- Rated 5 stars