This intensive, one day, training course is aimed at newcomers to Cascading Style Sheets and covers the topics comprehensively from basic text formatting through to page layouts without tables, printer friendly pages and other advanced techniques.
We can customise the training course to suit you, your staff and your project. Our CSS training courses will take you as far as you want to go, at a speed that is comfortable for you.
Our trainers are professional web developers who work with these cutting-edge methods daily, so you will receive CSS training that is based on web design projects from the real world.
You will learn from practical applications of CSS and you will leave the course with a complete understanding of how cascading style sheets work. You will be able to write you own style sheets from scratch, or modify existing style sheets with confidence.
You will be encouraged to adopt the very latest strategies for creating attractive, functional and accessible web pages.
You will be provided with a complete set of course documentation and course project files to keep.
You will be able to put your CSS training to immediate use.
Who should attend?
Anyone working with web pages or HTML Emails who needs to format output using CSS or who needs to understand and modify existing cascading style sheets.
Outline for this ONE DAY training course
- Introduction to CSS
- CSS and HTML
- Browsers - compatibility and versions
- Separating form and content
- Inline styles - when to use them and when to avoid
- Embedded styles - their uses and limitations
- External style sheets - one style sheet that controls the appearance of the whole website
- Creating Styles - learning the syntax of Cascading Style Sheets
- Syntax, properties and values
- Element selectors - defining what to change on the page
- Basic formatting - changing text and colour
- Formatting elements Individually
- Using multiple selectors - changing several things at once
- Using dependent selectors - understanding hierarchy and why style sheets are "Cascading"
- Creating Custom Styles with ID and CLASS
- Using <div> and <span> effectively - what's the difference, when to use them and when to avoid
- Using multiple external CSS files - different looks for different audiences/browsers
- Padding, Borders, Background Images
- Positioning elements on the page
- "Liquid layout" to create columns without using tables
- Creating printer friendly versions of a web page using cascading style sheets
- Using CSS to create Google friendly versions of you web page for search engine optimisation
Costs for ONE DAY Cascading Style Sheets presented at your offices, for different size groups of people.
1 Person = £330
2 People = £640
3 People = £930
4 People = £1200
5 People = £1450
6 People = £1680
All prices are in UK pounds sterling and exclude VAT @ 20%
With only 2 people, on-site courses becomes very cost effective. Especially when compared to sending people away to an anonymous centre, miles from your office. Like all our courses, it can be customized to suit you, your staff and your project.
For larger groups - more than 6 people - call us now on 0845 458 8343 for favourable deals on larger groups.
And like all our courses and consultancy it comes with a 100% Guarantee of Satisfaction.
Contact Us now or phone 0845 458 8343 to find out when you can have this course presented at your offices.
Cascading Style Sheets for websites
Matt Walker-Wilson is a gem. The CSS training course is one of the best I have attended. The pace was spot on for me as a beginner and I would definitely attend another course with Matt. Many thanks.
by Sharon Roberts,
Welsh Assembly Government. on
- Rated 5 stars